Youtube

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams | LOVEEEE

Sunday 28 February 2016
I absolutely love liquid lipsticks, there is no doubt about it. I'm almost a liquid lipstick junkie. It’s a shame that I haven’t focused on collecting them as such. I thought I’d start joining in the liquid lipstick craze again, thank you Kylie Jenner.









When these NYX Liquid Lipsticks came, my eyes widened with infatuation and excitement. I never thought to lean toward the NYX brand as when I've seen it in the Next store, most of the stuff appeared damaged and it turned me away from them. Nevertheless, I wanted a fresh start and as the saying goes, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover haha!
CONFESSION, I actually have one of these already, I purchased this in the summer to make my summer look bolder. You will know this if you have read my blog post on My Staple Summer Look. I suppose I will feature this one in this post also.

Application: I love how when you apply the lipstick, it goes on creamy, like a mousse, and dries into matte heaven. You only need to apply one layer of the liquid lipstick to achieve a full pigmented look. I would recommend that you buff any dry skin off your lips first and apply some lip balm before, make sure you blot any excess off to avoid the lipstick to bleed around your mouth. It only takes a minute or so to achieve the matte look. The applicator appears a bit furry, this makes the application appear easier and smoother.

 Duration: These lipsticks lasts hours. If I am careful when eating, they don’t budge much, they just look slightly faded in the middle of your lips. They stay put when you apply a lip liner underneath. I haven’t tried any of the NYX lip pencils but if you have, please let me know in the comments what you think of these. I love how these moisturise your lips at the same time.
I make sure that I don’t rub my lips together as this can make the lip colour stick and actually pull it off and make it feel drier.

Opinion: I can honestly say this is one of my favourite lipstick brands at the minute. I love how durable they are and pigmented they appear. I love that you don’t need to use loads of product to achieve a full look. I absolutely love the cake smell they have. They just smell yummy! I am disappointed with Moscow as it isn't as opaque or pigmented as the other ones which is a shame as it would make an amazing dupe for blue liquid lipsticks.

Shades Purchased From US Website:
Prague - This looks like a really good dupe for Kylie's Posie K
Stockholm
Plum Slim Lip Pencil

I CAN’T WAIT TO PURCHASE MORE OF THESE! What are your favourite colours?

2 comments

  1. Such a great choice of colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hun! Yt was such a shame when Moscow came out to be translucent, I was in hope that it would be my favourite xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.